Saturday, May 12, 2012

Forget Faux Fitness Magazines

I recently decided to cancel my subscriptions to Shape, Fitness, and Women's Health magazine. And I have three basic reasons for doing so.

1. The majority of the magazine is devoted to shopping/hair/make-up
2. The models shown are not realistic and tend to all look the same
3. The workouts are not hard core enough

I will renew my favorite fitness magazine, Oxygen (which has solid workouts and crazy fit fitness models), and I have added a subscription for Men's Health. MH has solid, inventive workouts, has simple recipes and since I will never, ever, look like the models in the magazine, I can just enjoy them as eye candy, I mean, instructional aides.

I believe in doing what works best for me. What works best for you when it comes to fitness inspiration?


Post a Comment