Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bag It Up

I had been drooling over the sandbag workouts featured in Men's Health Magazine and BodyRock but didn't want to pay $100 or so for the fancy sandbag. So I made my own.

1 medium size military grade duffel bag 19L x 10W ($10)
4, 7 lb. bags of fragrance free kitty litter ($1 each)

= my $14, 28 lb sandbag

I think the bag might be larger in size than a comparable one with sand, but the price was right, I didn't have to measure anything or divide it up and place it into separate bags. And I don't intend on doing any of the fast paced moves where you swing the bag around. We all know that I will just end up smacking myself in the head. It was so fast and easy I was able to test it out in the parking lot of the store.


I am slowly adding it to my HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout. As I have stated before, you don't always have to jump high in order to add intensity. I do side lunges (hugging it to my chest) or front/back lunges (holding it on my shoulders) and it makes my heart rate skyrocket.

It's always fun to have a new piece of exercise equipment and it's extra fun when it is dirt cheap.


Post a Comment