Monday, August 13, 2012

Improve On Your Improved P90X

About two weeks ago, I started up with P90X again. During the workout I felt great, and I felt a little sore but great the next day. But the day after that my back seized up and I couldn't get out of bed for a while (like a turtle stuck on it's back).

My first thought when it comes to my back is always, "Did I break another disc?" Since I have no idea how I did it the first time (2009) I don't know what not to do to keep it from happening again. But both my legs worked just fine, so I calmed down and worked on loosening up my back.

So it turns out either:
A) being able to do an hour of full body strength training is not the same as being able to do an hour of strength training on just your chest and back.

or

B) That popping sensation I felt in my back when I attempted some of the exercises in the Ab Ripper DVD is not a good thing. (Remember that in addition to breaking my L5 disc, I have a bonus 6th vertebra so things are wacky in my backy.)

I've only been able to do light aerobics for the past two weeks but my back is much better. So tomorrow, I begin again. But this time I will only do 1/2 the DVD and will add more time as the weeks progress. And I'm never doing the Ab Ripper DVD again.

Update: I successfully did 30 minutes of the P90X Chest and Back DVD on Monday and woke up in only medium soreness on Wednesday. After about an hour of stretching I was also able do 30 minutes of the P90X Shoulders and Biceps DVD. Go me!
Post a Comment