Thursday, November 8, 2012

Find Calorie Free Candy

A friend of mine is going though a break up. Having been married now for 12 years, and since I'm an old, old, lady, break ups are a distant memory for me. The only sage advice I had for her was to take good care of herself.

Oh, and to find as much eye candy as possible. Our eyes have muscles, and they need to be worked just like every other muscle. (Tee hee)

It enrages me when TV shows and movies show women consoling themselves with ice cream or wine after a break up. This is not a healthy way (or particularly effective) way to recover. One needs stress relieving activities that make you laugh, smile or transport you to a happier place for a little while. Thus the eye candy suggestion. (Other suggestions: working out, getting out of the house, joining clubs and groups.)

Back when I was dating, we had silly cards with hunky men on them that we could send to each other after a break up. But these days we have THE INTERNET!

In addition to looking around at the eye candy near her (Hello: College boys!) I thought I'd send her my favorite clips and photos of men worthy of her attention. (Note: My friend K.Y. sends me photos of Ryan Lochte, so it's only fair that I pass the love along.)

But I can only think of so many hot guys. Then I realized that this lovely Internet of ours would probably have oodles of "Hottest Guys" lists.

And they do ...

So thanks to

Men's Health

Cosmopolitan

Redbook

Glamour

iVillage

for the inspiration. I'll just have to search through all those lists, looking for hot men. It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it.

Post a Comment