Monday, February 25, 2013

Being Lazy Can Taste Good

Hey Lia, what are you eating for lunch these days?

Ah, good question. I like easy but tasty food, and just created another dish (based on a much more extensive recipe) that I plan on adding to my rotation schedule.

Quinoa with Shrimp and Avocado



About 10 small pre-cooked shrimp (I am lazy)
1/2 cup cooked quinoa (I used a mix of red and regular.)
1/2 sliced avocado
1/2 cup black or garbanzo beans (rinsed)

Soy sauce

I was able to make 5 of these at once (portioning them out into plastic containers, but leaving out the avocado until the day I eat them). I splash some soy sauce on the mixed up beans, quinoa, and shrimp, microwave it (not in the plastic container), and then top it with the avocado. I'm sure I will eventually get more creative with this recipe (hot sauce? salsa?) but for now it works great.

Post a Comment