Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's O.K. To Cry

I've been called sensitive, dramatic, tender and soft, and it's all because when things really move me, I have the tendency to cry. I often try to hide it, especially when no one else in the room is crying, but I have also found it has some nice benefits: 1) stress release 2) sinus relief 3) dry eye relief.

So, here are 3 random things that brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat this week:

1. The singing of The Star Spangled Banner at the Portland Winterhawks game. Francis Scott Key & John Stafford Smith created a masterpiece that gets me every time. When I saw the actual flag at the Smithsonian a few years ago, I pretty much lost it.

2. The movie, Temple Grandin. Actress Claire Daines does an amazing portrayal of Temple, one of the preeminent livestock handling equipment designers in the world, who also happens to have autism.

3. An article about Amy Pankratz, in Woman's Day magazine, about how she sews superhero capes for ill children.

So, what moves you tears?
Post a Comment