Monday, April 22, 2013

Get It Started

Thanks to my wonderful husband, I now have a fancy new laptop (ThinkPad T430) with the newest version of Flash. Plus it's portable! Did you all know about this? It's quite a nice feature.

And with said laptop in place, I was able to officially sign up for my TESOL* Certification course. I am doing the 100 hour course through LinguaEdge ($250). After signing up and paying, I was able to crank out two units in about 2 hours. Two units out of a total 44. Ok, so not very far, but certainly farther than I was yesterday with ZERO units done.  I will do my best to work on it 20 hours a week, and hopefully can get it done relatively soon.

While there are a few glitches in the system (why no home button? why always back?) it's been quite fun. There are little interactive games ("match this word to its possible origin") every so often, which nicely breaks up all the text reading. It is also possible to download each unit in PDF, so I will now have copies to review from now until the end of time.

I will try and do 3 units (and an end of module project, 4 units=module) tomorrow and report back if I survive! Wish me luck!


* Often required to teach English abroad. Often required, along with a college degree, to teach in an Adult English Language school in the United States.
Post a Comment