Thursday, June 27, 2013

Master the MOOCs

Even if you haven't heard the affectionate nickname for them, you have most likely heard of what it stands for: Massive Open Online Courses. They are college courses that are free and open to the entire world. In many cases, you can even earn a certificate of completion for the course.

Many places, Coursera, Udacity, etc., now offer them, and there is at least one site, Class Central, that is an aggregator (collects all the info for you.) I used this site to find two courses. My first, Teaching Adult Learners begins next Monday at Open2Study. It is offered through the Central
Institute of Technology located in Western Australia.

My second class, Foundations of Virtual Instruction, begins in three months at Coursera and is offered through the University of California, Irvine.

Doing my TESOL certification online has made me a convert to online classes, so I look forward to seeing the advantages and lessons I learn from taking MOOC classes. If they work well, I look forward to taking as many as possible!
Post a Comment