Monday, September 16, 2013

Go For Ghibli

In our house we tend to watch the entirety of something, whether it be all The Star Trek movies, James Bond movies, or Wagner's Ring Cycle (that's 15 hours of opera, and we've watched it twice.)

Now, in honor of his impending retirement, I'd like to try and watch all 11 of Hayao Miyazaki's movies. (But it will depend on what Netflix and the library have on hand.) His movies are dramatic, visually amazing and often a little disturbing.

We've already seen Spirited Away, which was like I said, a little disturbing at times, I've seen Kiki's Delivery Service, which was very sweet, we are currently watching Princess Mononoke, which is only slightly puzzling, but my heart belongs to Ponyo. This was my first and is still my favorite of all of Miyazaki's movies.

OK, so 4 down and only 7 to go!


Post a Comment