Monday, September 9, 2013

Turn Frustration Into Perspiration

I sit here bathed in sweat. I was mad and so I decided to do something about it. Mad that over the last year or so I have gained weight that I do not want. Whether it was during my excruciating 2 month sinus infection or my grueling and exhausting allergy shot therapy, I'm not really sure. I was forced to live with this extra weight as my energy got lower and my allergy shots got more concentrated. I did everything I could to keep the weight from creeping up, I stuck to my swimming routines and gave them every thing I had. I did not succumb to the desire to just give up and eat whatever was around and then deal with it later. I tried to focus on things that I could control, and to be positive and to find other ways to relieve my stress. And I truly think this stopped the weight gain from getting worse.

And now I am on the other side of this. I've been working up my routine slowly, and I am able to exercise 6 times a week now. Today, out of frustration with this belly fat that drives me nuts, I did a 30 minute Turbo Fire DVD. And I could breathe again. Yes, it was hard, yes I wasn't perfect, but I did not feel like my lungs were closing up on me. I did not need to sit down, I did not feel like I might faint.

I felt energized. Could it be? Is the old Lia back? Please! Please! Please!
Post a Comment