Thursday, February 20, 2014

Contribute something

The Internet is littered with sites about teaching American English. I look around it and go from annoyed to livid. I want to fix it, but how? The Internet does not need more videos about speaking English, random blurbs about idiomatic phrases, or vocabulary lists. There are too many already.

My skill, my talent, is bringing order to chaos. That is what I do with my English students. I identify what they need help with, and I lead them step by step on a path of knowledge.

My Achilles' heel, my soft spot, is that I want to help everyone.

PROBLEM #1
The disorder and randomness on the Internet drives me crazy. How is anyone supposed to learn English in all this mess?

PROBLEM #2
I have a serious issue with English language sites claiming they teach English when what they teach is wrong. I understand that some students can't afford a private teacher, and so for them, this may be their only option. But this is a terrible option. I want to teach the world proper American English, but I can't afford to do it for free. This is driving me crazy.

So, what should I do?
1. Ignore all the English teaching websites and just focus on my students.
2. Wage war against the bad English sites?
3. Go crazy because I can't help everyone?
4. ????

If you have another idea, I'd love to hear it!
Post a Comment